The club holds a number of photographic competitions throughout the year for our members and we also complete as a club in an annual regional competition “Quad Comp” (see below).
The club competitions are free to enter and we help newcomers to prepare their entries. The competitions either have a set subject such as “landscape”, “portrait” , “water”, or are open competitions, ie no set subject.
We invite a local professional photographer or a judge from the Victorian Amateur Photographic Society to score and critique our images. Competition judging nights are always entertaining and informative and definitely help us improve our photography.
There are three categories for competition entries:
- Colour print
- Monochrome print (black and white or single colour tone)
Members can enter up to three entries in each category in each competition.
Digital entries may be submitted on a USB stick or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org Digital entries should be around 1920 pixels width x 1080 pixels high, and less than 2MB.
For prints we recommend matting and mount board. The print must be at least mounted on matt board or foam core. There is no minimum print size, but the maximum print size, including mount, is 40cm x 50cm.
Download CCC Competition Rules for more information.
Club competitions for 2017
- Entry Mar 7th, judging April 4th. Open subject
- Entry May 2nd, judging June 6th. Subject “Abstract”
- Entry Jul 4th, judging August 1st. Open subject
- Inter-club “Quad” competition Date September 16th. This year hosted by Macedon Ranges Photographic Society .
- Dec 5th. Christmas party, end-of-year awards, bring one print and one digital image for judging/critique on the night by a guest judge.