The club holds a number of photographic competitions throughout the year for our members and we also complete as a club in an annual regional competition “Quad Comp” (see below).
The club competitions are free to enter and we help newcomers to prepare their entries. The competitions either have a set subject such as “landscape”, “portrait” , “water”, or are open competitions, ie no set subject.
We invite a local professional photographer or a judge from the Victorian Amateur Photographic Society to score and critique our images. Competition judging nights are always entertaining and informative and definitely help us improve our photography.
There are three categories for competition entries:
- Colour print
- Monochrome print (black and white or single colour tone)
Members can enter up to three entries in each category in each competition.
Digital entries may be submitted on a USB stick or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org Digital entries should be around 1920 pixels width x 1080 pixels high, and less than 2MB.
For prints we recommend matting and mount board. The print must be at least mounted on matt board or foam core. There is no minimum print size, but the maximum print size, including mount, is 40cm x 50cm.
Download CCC Competition Rules for more information.
Club competitions for 2019
- Entry Mar 5th, judging April 2nd. Open subject
- Entry May 7th, judging June 4th. Subject “People”
- Entry Jul 2nd, judging August 6th. Open subject
- Inter-club “Quad” competition Date tba. This year hosted by Castlemaine Camera Club.
- Dec 3rd. Christmas party, end-of-year awards, bring two prints for judging/critique on the night by a guest judge.